In the Caribbean, fish are being caught fresh daily, in abundance: catfish, cod, conch, crab, grouper, lobster, shrimp, snapper, spearfish, swordfish, and wahoo.
Shopping/to do list
- 8 oz. White fish filet, cut in cubes
- 6 oz. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Mango, peeled, small diced
- 1 Grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup Cream of coconut
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1/4 Cup Caribbean rum (optional)
- 1/2 Cup cilantro leaves
- Season with hot sauce, S&P to taste
- Serve over rice of choice
- Cut ingredients into desired sizes.
- Add a little oil or cooking spray of your choice to the pan. Heat pan to 375 F/ medium high heat.
- Add fish and shrimp. Stir around for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, mango, grapefruit, and cream of coconut. Stir around for 1 minute.
- Add lime juice, rum, cilantro, and season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Stir around for an additional minute.
- Serve over rice of choice.