IAHSA - the International Association of Homes and Services for the Ageing - is holding it's 2013 conference in Shanghai from November 17 to November 20. The event will be in conjunction with the chapter, China Association of Homes and Services for the Ageing. The site is Le Royal Meridien Shanghai.
The conference theme is Connecting our Global Community.
Networking and high-ranking keynote speakers will bring the conference alive:
1. Mark Gorman, Director of Strategic Development at HelpAge International
2. Gregor Rae, Chairman and CEO BusinessLab, Scottland, UK
3. Robert Hillis, founder of Direct Supply, one of the largest providers to healthcare networks in the United States
4. Mary Ann Tsao, President and Director of the Singapore-based Tsao Foundation, a not-for-profit foundation dedicated to aged care and issues
5. Loïc Garçon, the Technical Officer for the World Health Organization (WHO) Centre for Health Development
Other guest speakers will be on hand.
IAHSA will feature nearly 50 Education Workshops, Roundtables & Symposia.
A half-day pre-conference will be featured on Sunday, November, 17, 2013. Visits to Chinese state-of-the-art senior retirement communities will be offered.
The 2013 Design for Ageing Showcase will feature Architecture for an Ageing Population, the best in trends in design for ageing.