As the average age of our workers increase, employers can benefit from hiring our most valuable resource: the experienced worker. A trained older workforce becomes more vital to our economy with every passing day.
Employers will find that older workers have a strong work ethic, are dependable, and possess versatile work experiences.
Veterans have not only served their country, but they can bring a wealth of experience to a job.
- understand the importance of customer service
- respond positively to new technology
- are innovative
- exhibit good judgement
- are less likely to be involved in work related accidents
- offer improving quality of work with age
- are as productive as younger workers (there is little, if any, decline of productivity with age)
- are committed to their employers
- generally have lower training costs because of existing skills and lower turnover
- may have extensive corporate knowledge which should not be wasted
- demonstrate excellent attendance
- are likely to stay on a long-term basis